Hey there! I'm continuing the series on body types here for the next couple of days. Hopefully, you're finding this information helpful in determining your shape and the best clothing for you. Let's jump right into today's shape:
As much as the hourglass is deemed the "perfect figure" by societal standards, we are seeing a huge wave of pear-shaped women being praised. With the culture leaning more towards women with hips, booty and thighs, this season is for you! You are pear-shaped if:
- Your hips are wider than your shoulders.
- Your booty is wider and larger than your chest.
- Your waist is well-defined.
While many of us in the black community may feel like this is the "perfect body", there are still do's and don'ts that will keep your body balanced:
- DON'T add volume to your lower body with ruffles and lots of layers.
- DO rock a-line skirts.
- DO try to wear lighter tops and darker bottoms for balance.
- DO wear darker tops and lighter bottoms for emphasis.
- DO wear ruffles up top.
- DO show off arms and shoulders.
- DO wear jackets with hemlines that dance right at the hip.
- DO wear a dramatic top.
That's all I have. I also included a downloadable infographic below that outlines the pear shape and what clothes look best on you. If this is your body type, save this image to your phone and use it as a shopping guide; you'll immediately see the difference in your appearance.
The #NoBODYLeftBehind series is just starting. I'll be covering the other 3 common feminine shapes over the next three days. Leave your comments, questions or concerns in the box below and I'll be sure to respond. If you found this information helpful, feel free to share on social media too! XO, Kendra